The Long Awaited Carl Martin AMPSTER is here!
FACE for professionals
FACE for MI Resellers
FACE Project Integration
The Ampster, a single tube driven amp/speaker simulator that can either supplement your amp, or replace it. A fully analog unit with controls that are the same as your amplifier with the addition of a mute switch, a speaker selection switch and a voicing switch. What’s more important, the Ampster reacts to your playing in the same way your full size amp does, giving you the same organic feel with zero latency!
The Ampster is housed in a solid metal box with the standard EQ (Bass Middle Treble), pre and post volume/gain controls (Master & Gain) plus a Presence Control. There is a Mute Switch for obvious reasons and a Cabinet Switch with an LED Indicator light ( Red for a 2x12 Open Backed Cab, and Green for a 4x12 Closed Back Cab).
On the back of the pedal you will find a Ground Lift and a Voicing Switch (a subtle low end cap controlled voicing adjustment). Input, Link (output to your amp or powered speaker) Balanced DI (XLR output to go to a mixing or recording console), a Send and Return for those specific effects that shouldn’t be in front of the amp, a Remote Input for use with digital or analog effect controllers like the Carl Martin Octaswitch ‘The Strip’, and your standard 9v 1A power input.
It couldn’t be simpler!Plug your guitar straight in, or plug your pedal board into the input jack, choose your output and open your ears to a surprisingly big round clean sound, or by adjusting the Gain, that decidedly British Overdrive sound for which Carl Martin has become so well known. Our test players have fallen in love, telling us the Ampster reacts just like their standard amps, organic and responsive to your playing style or attack. In fact, the Ampster sounds just like a full size amp, but it fits on your pedalboard. Take a look at the videos…we are certain you will want to take the Ampster for a test drive!
Need to know for Retailers
- Single tube driven (Marshall-based) preamp with switchable speaker simulation (2x12” or 4x12”)
- From “Big round” clean to “British Overdrive” sounds at highergain-settings
- XLR DI Output for recording or connecting straight to the PA
- Fully analog, no digital components, same organic feel & immediacyas using a real tube amp
- Designed to work with overdrive & boost pedals
- Built-in FX loop for integrating effect-devices or providing purepreamp-signal without cab-sim (e.g., to feed an external IR loader)