Shure KSM8; The Dualdyne has arrived
FACE for professionals
FACE for MI Resellers
FACE Project Integration
Meet the Dualdyne
Achieving the sound quality demanded by elite performers and venues no longer requires sacrificing the rugged reliability of a dynamic microphone. The KSM8 Dualdyne features a patented cartridge design with two ultra-thin diaphragms and groundbreaking reverse airflow technology. Here are a few more of the technological advancements that make the KSM8 Dualdyne a game-changer in live sound:
- UNMATCHED CONTROL OF PROXIMITY EFFECT MEANS A HUGE SWEET SPOT
- ACCURATE, FLAT FREQUENCY RESPONSE GREATLY MINIMIZES THE NEED FOR EQ AND PROCESSING
- TRUEST CARDIOID POLAR PATTERN AVAILABLE CONTROLS BLEED FOR A MORE NATURAL SOUND
77 Years in the Making
The KSM8 Dualdyne. A dynamic microphone revolution that only Shure could stage.
- 1939 Shure develops Unidyne® cartridge technology, which rejects sound from the rear of the microphone to reduce signal feedback.
- 1966 Shure advances dynamic cartridge technology with the Unidyne III cartridge in the SM58®, featuring the pneumatic shock mount, which drastically reduces handling noise.
- 2016 Shure Dualdyne™ cartridge technology provides unmatched sonic accuracy in a dynamic cartridge while all but eliminating proximity effect.
How it Works
DENT-RESISTANT, HARDENED CARBON-STEEL GRILLE
Lined with hydrophobic woven fabric for exceptional protection against wind, plosives and water, the KSM8 Dualdyne grille is durability redefined.
PATENT-PENDING DIAPHRAGM STABILIZATION SYSTEM
Protecting and stabilizing the active diaphragm during plosives and impact, the DSS greatly reduces high-frequency handling noise.
PATENTED CARTRIDGE DESIGN WITH TWO ULTRA-THIN DIAPHRAGMS AND REVERSE AIRFLOW
Controlled proximity effect vastly increases the working distance without on-axis coloration, delivering the most accurate frequency response available in a dynamic microphone.
REIMAGINED SHURE PUMPING PNEUMATIC SHOCK MOUNT
An elaborate architecture of tuned cavities, specific resistances, and precisely machined components is fully integrated into the cartridge’s acoustic properties, dramatically reducing handling noise without loss of low-end response.