Guide to Shure QLX-D and ULX-D Wireless systems
FACE for professionals
FACE for MI Resellers
FACE Project Integration
Analogue wireless systems can deliver very good sound, but…
- A Limited AF dynamic range results in the need to use companding schemes
- Signal-to-noise ratio needs to be as good as practically possible (pre-emphasis at transmitter, de-emphasis at receiver)
These processes must be very carefully designed otherwise audio linearity suffers, which results in audio intermodulation artifacts. Wireless systems using FM modulation and demodulation are inherently non-linear, resulting in RF intermodulation artifacts.
Result: not all available spectrum can be used due to the presence of intermodulation products.
Analogue limitations are no longer an issue:
- Dynamic range is determined by the word length in the ADC/DAC
- 24-bit / 48kHz yields a dynamic range in excess of 120 dB
- No companding scheme needed
- Wider, flatter audio frequency response
- Less audible artefacts , improved linearity
RF intermodulation issues are drastically reduced
- More simultaneous systems can be used
- Increased RF spectral efficiency
Error correction yields better resistance to multi path and interference.
Encryption is possible
QLX-D vs. ULX-D
QLX-D Digital Wireless sytems
Offering networked control, AES 256 encryption and simplified setup and operation, QLX-D delivers outstanding digital wireless sound for mid-size events and installations.
- Transmitter form factors include handheld, body-pack, head worn, lavalier, instrument clip-on, and combo.
- Power options include Shure SB900 Lithium-ion Rechargeable battery and AA batteries
- 64MHz tuning bandwidth
- 17 Compatible systems per 6 MHz TV channel and 22 systems per 8 MHz channel
ULX-D Digital Wireless Systems
ULX-D Digital Wireless offers extremely efficient RF performance, networked control, Dante ditial audio and AES-256 encryption for professional sound reinforcement
- Transmitter form factors include handheld and body pack. receiver options include single-, dual, and quad channel
- Power options include Shure SB900 Lithium-ion rechargeable battery and AA batteries
- Up to 64MHz overall tuning bandwidth (region dependent)
- Up to 47 active transmitters in one 6 MHz TV channel (63 in one 8MHz TV channel) in High Density mode.
QLX-D and ULX-D Shared Features:
- Transmission type: Digital
- Audio Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz (+/- 1 dB)
- Audio Dynamics Range: >120dB, A-Weighted
- Tuning Bandwidth: Up to 72 MHz
- Compatibel systems per TV Channel: 22 per 8MHz TV Channel
- Ethernet networking: Yes
- WWB Compatible: Yes
- Encryption: AES-256
- Construction: All-metal Hardware
- Alkaline Batteries: 2 x AA
- Rechargeable Batteries: Shure SB900 Lithium Ion Battery
- Bodypack Antenna: Detachable 1/4 Wave
Compatible with SHUREPLUS CHANNELS
Monitor Key Shure Wireless system parameters from an IOS device
ShurePlus Channels untethers you from the mixing console, delivering time-saving convenience to roam the performance space while monitoring key Shure wireless parameters from an IOS device.
The app relays critical channel information including RF, audio and battery levels. Quickly switch between any of your wireless channels using the sortable channels list.
Mobile control of wireless channel settings can be added via in-app purchases. Unlocking this feature allows remote adjustment of frequency assignments, audio gain, muting and more