MOTU introduces the UltraLite-mk4
FACE for professionals
FACE for MI Resellers
FACE Project Integration
Superb audio quality with ultra-low latency
Analog outputs deliver 117dB dynamic range at sample rates up to 192 kHz. Renowned drivers deliver rock-solid performance and industry-leading low latency. New, optimized drivers for both Mac and PC deliver ultra-low latency performance. With a high-performance DAW such as Digital Performer, the UltraLite-mk4 delivers an astonishing round trip latency (RTL) of 1.83 ms (milliseconds) on OS X and 1.84 ms on Windows over USB (at 96 kHz with a 32-sample host buffer).
Built for studio and stage
Housed in a compact, aluminium alloy enclosure you can take anywhere, the UltraLite-mk4 is equally well-suited for studio and stage, with or without a computer. As an interface or standalone mixer, the UltraLite-mk4 provides 18 inputs and 22 outputs, for a total of 40 I/O channels.
All the I/O you need
Connect all of your audio gear, including speakers, headphones, mics, guitars, synths, keyboards, drum machines, effects processors and even MIDI devices.
Large console-style mixing
Record, monitor, route and process all live inputs using the on-board 48-channel large console-style mixer, with no latency and no processor strain on your computer.
DSP-driven effects processing
Apply hardware-based, DSP-driven effects processing to your mix, independent of your host computer. Add Classic Reverb, with lengths up to 60 seconds.
Modelled analogue EQ and compression
Further sculpt your sound with 4-band parametric EQ featuring filter types carefully modelled after British analogue console EQs. Choose between two forms of compression: a conventional compressor and the Leveler, an accurate model of the legendary LA-2A optical compressor that provides vintage, musical automatic gain control.
Analyse and scope your audio with advanced diagnostic tools, including a full-screen real-time FFT display, spectrogram “waterfall” display, full-featured oscilloscope, X-Y plot and phase analyser.
Mobile recording and mixing
After recording and mixing in the studio, take the UltraLite-mk4 on the road with your laptop for mobile recording and live mixing.
Web app control
The software that you use to control the UltraLite-mk4 doesn't reside on your hard drive. It's a web app served from the hardware itself. This means you can control the UltraLite-mk4's on-board DSP, mixing, and device settings from the web app software running in your favorite web browser on the computer, or even a tablet or smartphone on the same Wi-Fi network as your computer.
Solid metal chassis
The UltraLite-mk4 aluminum chassis is lightweight, yet incredibly sturdy and durable, and designed to withstand the rigors of the studio, stage, and tour bus. In a world awash with cheap plastic, the cool touch of the UltraLite-mk4's metal exterior in your hands is a reassuring reminder that you are holding quality engineering and construction built to last.
- 18 x 22 USB audio interface with 40 simultaneous audio channels: 2 mic/guitar inputs, 6 line ins, 10 line outs, phone out, S/PDIF digital I/O and 8-channel optical I/O for 18 inputs and 22 outputs.
- Superb analogue quality with ultra-low latency: Analogue outputs deliver 117 dB dynamic range. New, optimized drivers deliver rock-solid performance and industry-leading low latency.
- DSP mixing and effects processing: Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 7 stereo aux busses, 3 group sends, and DSP effects, including reverb, 4-band EQ, gate, and compression.
- Modelled vintage effects processing Classic reverb: Compression modelled after the legendary LA-2A levelling amplifier. EQ modelled after British analogue console EQs.
- Flexible matrix routing and splitting: Send any input to any output, or multiple outputs. Includes routing to and from the computer.
- Web app control: Control everything from your favourite web browser on a laptop or mobile device (table or smartphone) through a shared Wi-Fi network.
- Universal connectivity: Connects to any computer with hi-speed USB 2.0 (audio class compliant, compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS). Compatible with all audio software.
- Comprehensive metering: The large backlit LCD lets you view all signal activity at a glance with detailed metering for all analogue and digital I/O.
- AudioDesk: Includes AudioDesk workstation software for Mac and Windows with 24-bit recording, sample-accurate editing and 32-bit mixing and mastering.