Let your storybook adventure grows with the Fable Granular Soundscape Generator
FACE for professionals
FACE for MI Resellers
FACE Project Integration
The Fable gives you five all-new programs centered around sample and chop delay algorithms to create bizarrely beautiful networks of sampled and resampled sounds. The Fable uses a powerful dual DSP architecture to combine delay programs in series with granular sampling algorithms, each with its own analog feedback path. Find unique soundscapes ranging from smooth, flowing ambience; to bizarre, organic reverberance; to chaotic, glitchy swarms.
So, what exactly is this granular effect and why is it a magicale xperience when combined with delay? Granular is a digital processing technique of micro-sampling, wherein short samples called grains are read from a delaybuffer. In the Fable, players can adjust these grains by manipulating their sampling length, position, and buffer size from which they’re read. They can be played at double or half speed for pitch shift and time stretching effects,play them in reverse, read from multiple positions, and more, in order to achieve different effects.
It’s a powerful but complex technique and Walrus Audio created five streamlined programs in the Fable that explore different aspects of its sonic range.
Need to know for Retailers
- 2nd member of Walrus Audio’s “storybook adventure /soundscape generator” product line (after “Lore”)
- Create unique combinations of delay in series with granular samplingalgorithms
- Granular = digital micro-sampling / grains = short samples read from a delaybuffer
- Adjust grains by e.g. manipulating sample length, position or playbackspeed
- Dual DSP architecture with individual feedback paths
- 5 selectable programs using DSP A & DSP B in series:
I. Reverse Delay into ReverseGranular
II. Forward Delay into OctaveUp Granular
III. Analog Delay into OctaveDown Granular
IV. Multi-Tap Granular intoMulti-Tap Granular
V. Forward Delay into Randomized Pitch Granular