Introducing Sidekick JR by Crazy Tube Circuits: The Perfect Companion in a Smaller Package for 80s Tones and Beyond!
FACE for professionals
FACE for MI Resellers
FACE Project Integration
From the jangly, ambient, and shimmering sounds of New Wave, Shoegaze, and Synth Pop to the wet tones of Hair / Glam Metal. Crazy Tube Circuits' Sidekick JR offers even more sounds / algorithm selections compared to the original unit.
The modulation effects / algorithms take inspiration from classic 80s stompboxes. The “Ensemble” algorithm replicates warm and mild modulated chorus sounds, while the “dimension” algorithm enhances the 3D image of your sound without the typical chorus warble. The “flanger” algorithm draws from a classic flanger pedal set up as a slow chorus with mild feedback added for a more metallic sound.
The Echo / delay section provides the sweet and vibrant sound of a tape echo with a freshly installed tape running through a colourful preamp, or the pristine repeats of an 80s digital delay rack unit.
The Reverb section in Sidekick JR is inspired by definitive examples of 80s reverb rack units and offers two algorithm banks. Bank A includes all-time classic reverb sounds like “plate,” “spring,” and “hall,” while Bank B features signature 80s reverb sounds like “gated,” “exciter” (Crazy Tube Circuits' trademark big-hall reverb algorithm with almost infinite reflections and decay), and octave-up “shimmer.”
To provide full flexibility in the smallest enclosure possible, Crazy Tube Circuits has devised a smart switching setup. The delay and reverb effect sections of Sidekick JR operate independently from each other, and the modulation is assignable to any of these sections as standard. With the addition of the XT footswitch (available separately), the modulation section becomes entirely independent and can be switched on/off (true bypass) on its own.
Crazy Tube Circuits' Sidekick JR also features a power-up bypass/engage pre-set function for the onboard footswitches. This feature allows users to select the state the pedal will go to when the power supply is plugged in. It's particularly useful for individuals who use remote pedal switchers / loopers, as they can set the power-up state of the pedal once and then operate it from the controller."
Need to know for Retailers
- Sidekick JR is smaller in size than the original Sidekick (released in 2019) but boasts superior FX features and more DSP power
- Three classic 80s style effect sections (modulation, delay, reverb) in a small size enclosure.
- Wide selection of algorithms and controls for each effect.
- Hybrid mode of operation: digital time-based effects / analog mixing, buffering and filtering of the wet and dry signals for warm and musical sound quality.
- All effect sections can be operated together or separately.
- True bypass for all sections – switchable buffer bypass with tails for reverb section.