Let there be light. Introducing the brand new Blackstar St. James amplifiers.
FACE for professionals
FACE for MI Resellers
FACE Project Integration
Available in a classic EL34 design that works incredibly well as a platform for effects-pedals and a higher-gain 6L6 model, these amps are simple to use, but highly versatile. Developed after months of forensic examination of vintage valve amps, the intuitive two channel set-up delivers Blackstars' best ever cleans and overdrives without compromise.
Key Features - St. James Series
- Blackstar’s all new flagship series – developed after months of forensic examination
- The lightest 50W valve amps in the world with no compromise in tone or performance. The head weighs just 6.7kg and the 1x12 combo only 12.8kg
- EL34 models: Classic low gain pedal platform with a +10dB clean boost to take it from ‘chimey’ to ‘creamy’ and beyond.
- 6L6 models: Classic US clean and modern high gain, with a Voice switch for more saturation and looser feel with plenty of resonant low-end ‘chug’.
- St. James retains the essential elements of traditional valve amps; specifically using valves in the preamp and the power amp, as well as the loose-coupling effect of an output transformer.
- Patent-applied-for design using a unique combination of a Switched-Mode Power Supply (SMPS) powering a real valve amp (valves in pre and power amp), a reactive load and advanced DSP for XLR and headphone outputs.
- Built-in reactive load allows you to drive the valves without a speaker connected. Perfect for recording or ‘silent stage’
- Includes Cab Rig, our next-generation DSP speaker simulator that reproduces the sound and feel of a mic’d up guitar cab in incredible detail. Deep-dive using the accompanying free software and capture the incredible tones via USB / XLR out or headphones.
- Power Reduction switch allows you to select 50 Watts, 2 Watts or Sag to easily get the perfect balance of power and response for any situation from studio to stage.
- Exclusive Celestion Zephyr lightweight loudspeaker. Blackstar worked closely with Celestion to design a unique lightweight speaker that uses a traditional ferrite magnet. Based on the ‘soft parts’ and voicing of a Vintage 30, the Zephyr packs a huge tonal punch but at a fraction of the weight of a standard guitar amp speaker.
- Pro connectivity and integration into your setup using low latency USB audio as a valve interface for recording, and XLR D.I. for live use.